I am Speaking at Oracle OpenWorld 2011 and I hope you will join me there!
Welcome to my session: Tuning Toolkit for Advanced DBAs: Learn from the Past, and Prepare for the Future. The presentation will be on Tuesday at 03:30 PM, Moscone South – 104.
There will be over 80 Oracle ACEs and ACE Directors who will speak at OOW 2011!
The content catalog shows 75 sessions on Database performance and scalability out of the 306 database conference session. Just a reminder that 4-5 years ago the database conference sessions were about 100.
The database stream has been now divided into the following 11 substreams:
- Cloud Consolidation: 39 sessions
- Data Warehousing: 32 sessions
- Database Manageability: 55 sessions
- Database Platforms: 31 sessions
- Database Security: 23 sessions
- High Availability: 47 sessions
- MySQL: 29 sessions
- Oracle Exadata: 57 sessions
- Performance and Scalability: 75 sessions
- Specialty Data and Search: 15 sessions
- Storage Management: 24 sessions
One of my favorite topics, Oracle Enterprise Manager (part of the Cross Stream track), will be covered in 161 conference sessions. I have said it before, I have had it in several final conference slides, I will say it now: Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control is probably the best feature/tool/utility in Oracle after 9i.
And for the DBAs, as this is a DBA blog, here is a complete list of all sessions having the work “DBA” in the title:
14642: AWR and ASH in 3-D: Performance Analysis Tools No DBA Has Seen Before
20880: Becoming a Rock Star MySQL DBA
9218: DBA Fusion: An Introduction to Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Architecture and Installation
13781: Day in the Life of a DBA: Cloud-Ready Management Solutions for Any IT Shop
14641: Extreme Database Administration: New Features for Expert DBAs
13081: Mastering Oracle Data Pump: Technical Deep Dive into Performance/Internals for Hands-on DBAs
15143: MySQL for Oracle DBAs, or How to Speak MySQL for Beginners
13446: Oracle Database Vault: DBA Best Practices
8046: Oracle Exadata Management for Oracle DBAs
14365: Oracle WebLogic Server Management for DBAs: Cross-Tier Visibility from JVM to Database
6681: Trends in Database Administration and the Changing Role of the DBA
14644: Tuning Toolkit for Advanced DBAs: Learn from the Past, and Prepare for the Future
8044: What If Kramer Were Your DBA and Seinfeld Tuned Your Database?
28900: Launching the IOUG Virtualization SIG: 360 Degrees of Virtualization for Oracle DBAs
If you wonder why so many people attend OOW, here are the high-level benefits of attending Oracle OpenWorld according to Oracle:
- Participate in sessions and hands-on workshops led by the world’s foremost IT experts
- Find out firsthand how to streamline upgrades and deployments
- Attend sessions in the all-new Server and Storage Systems stream
- Dig deep into application deployment, scaling, upgrading, and best practices
- Meet with your industry and technology peers
- Share notes in special interest groups, and product and industry sessions
- See hundreds of partners and customers as they present product demos and solutions in three Exhibition Halls
And here is a picture from LJE’s keynote on Cloud Computing I took last year from my seat:
P.S. I cannot find a single session on Oracle bugs and we all know that they play a major role in the database world. For sure, many DBAs would be very interested in a presentation called “11gR2 top 10 bugs“.